Allahabad High Court
On 25 February 1948, the Chief Court of Oudh was amalgamated with the High Court of Allahabad.
When the state of Uttaranchal, now known as Uttarakhand, was carved out of Uttar Pradesh in 2000, this high court ceased to have jurisdiction over the districts falling in Uttaranchal.
Allahabad High Court was built by Khan Saheb Nizamuddin of Loha Mundi, Agra. He also donated the water fountain to the High Court.
The court has a Sanctioned strength of 160 (Permanent:120, Additional:40) judges.
The Office staff at High Court of Judicature at Allahabad is broadly divided into four Cadres:
An officer enters this cadre in the rank of Review Officer/Asst. Review Officer after passing a competitive exam and rises up through successive promotions on S.O./Asst./Deputy/Joint Registrar to reach the post of Registrar.